Chicken Zoodle Soup is a nourishing soup with rich homemade chicken broth and refreshing noodles made with zucchini. Even those who are not sick or counting calories will love this soothing soup.
Chicken soup is usually served when you don’t feel well but you don’t have to be ill to enjoy this rich and refreshing Chicken Zoodle Soup from “Low Carb Yum 5-Ingredient Keto” cookbook.. This simple soup uses homemade chicken broth, cooked chicken, and zoodles so it takes no time to put it together.
Low Carb Yum 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook
My friend, Lisa MarcAurele, a publisher of Low Carb Yum and the author of Low Carb Yum 5- Ingredient Keto shares over 120 easy recipes that uses only 5 ingredients! How helpful is this cookbook for so many busy moms, eh?
This popular cookbook “is a perfect guide for keto and low-carb beginners. Each recipe includes helpful nutritional data, dietary notes (like dairy-free, egg-free, and paleo dishes), and macronutrient percentages.” It’s a perfect cookbook to start your keto diet if you want to understand how it works.
The cookbook has helpful guides and advice such as:
- A rundown of keto basics, with explanations of ketosis, daily macros, and calorie counting.
- Foods to eat and foods to avoid, making shopping and stocking one’s pantry even faster and easier.
- Common keto mistakes, like not restricting enough carbs, eating too many packaged foods, and going overboard with fat.
- A lesson in removing inflammatory foods, which may also be contributing to health issues.
- Sample daily meal plans for those who need some help during their transition to keto.
…starting the low-carbohydrate lifestyle was personal. She turned to low-carb eating when treatments for Graves’ disease, a thyroid autoimmune disorder, changed her metabolism and caused unwanted weight gain. The typical methods of counting calories and cutting fat just didn’t work for her, which led her to discovering the benefits of a low-carb diet. When she struggled to find cookbooks specializing in low carb, high fat meals, she began adapting some of her own favorite dishes into low-carb versions.Low Carb Yum 5-Ingredient Keto
Chicken Zoodle Soup
I made my share of chicken soups in my life but I admit, I never paid attention to the carb count. But because my children are sensitive to wheat, I never include wheat noodles and instead, I always served rice on the side, which is still high in carbs.
Lisa’s keto version, however, uses zoodles to reduce the carb amount, which reduces inflammation, especially, when you’re sick to help your body heal faster! Plus, since this recipe uses already made homemade chicken broth and cooked chicken meat, it’s a cinch to make, even when you are sick!
Types of Korean Pancakes
Pajeon – is 100% vegetarian made with chives and scallions. It is pungent so you can add julienned zucchini to make it a bit sweeter.
Kimchi Pork Pancake – is spicy but it is one of the perfect ways to use up old kimchi. With little slivers of pork belly and spicy kimchi in every bite, it sure is one of the best combination of flavors.
Seafood Pancake fills your mouth with briny ocean taste and it’s always a crowd pleaser. And since these pancakes are eggs and dairy-free, they are perfect for those with allergies or sensitivities to them, like my family.
Regardless what type of pancake you want to make, the batter is VERY important since crispiness depends on it. And unfortunately, the ‘secret’ combination of ingredients for crispiness is wheat flour and corn starch, neither of which is allowed on a Paleo diet.
So I developed this Paleo version using cassava flour and Otto’s Cassava Flour became my brand of choice.
Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 stalks celery
- 4 c slow-cooked roasted bone broth
- 2 c cubed cooked boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 med zucchini spiralized
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- fresh parsley (optional) garnish
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat
- Add the celery and cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes
- Add the broth, chicken, and basil and bring to a boil over high heat
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the zucchini and cover the pot for about 10 minutes to let the zucchini soften before serving.