This decadent dessert tastes like you slaved away on it, but it's actually effortless. Lavender creme brulee is made with whole ingredients.
Lavender Creme Brulee In the Instant Pot
Creme Brulee is a French recipe that is also known as burned cream. It's made with a rich custard base and topped with caramelized sugar. I discovered a way to speed up the process and make it in my Instant Pot.
If there was one dish I thought I'd never make in a pressure cooker is Crème Brûlée. Ok, next to a cheesecake. Yes, I made her cheesecake once to "challenge" myself and I didn't make it again since no one in my family eats dairy, except me. And I regretted it for days after I finish the cake by myself.
But Crème Brûlée for ONE is how I make up for not having a whole cheesecake.
I adapted hip Pressure Cooking's recipe - wish I had her cute heart shaped ramekins.
I used only the most whole and freshest ingredients in this dessert and the result was surprising.
Since this is a recipe for one person, I only used one egg yolk. This is a fantastic source of healthy fats.
I use organic sugar because, you know, if I'm going to indulge a little, I want the real sugar since I don't use it for anything else.
I added lavender buds since I had a pinch left from my bestie Anna, who owns Anna Lee's Herbs. Yes, I really did bake with real flowers!
These buds are still intoxicatingly fragrant even though I picked them from her garden this past summer. Adding lavender was a new gastronomic adventure since I never cook with it, except adding it in Herbes de Provence. I'm glad I did because the taste and smell were incredible.
Indulge a little today. This won't kill you. It's a sweet little guilt free dessert you can allow yourself to have once in awhile.
Use full-fat and from organic milk. This will give your creme brulee the texture it is known for.
Where Can I Buy Dried Lavender For Baking?
Lots of places that sell culinary spices will carry dried lavender. If you happen to have access to fresh lavender buds, you can dry them yourself and use those.
Are Herbs de Provence The Same As Dried Lavender?
The spice blend known as herbs de provence is a mixture that contains lavender mixed with other herbs. In addition to the lavender, it also has mint and other savory spices.
Can I Freeze The Creme Brulee?
No, do not freeze this dessert. It will change the consistency and make them far too thick to enjoy. Custard is supposed to be creamy and delicate, not frozen like ice cream.
Obviously, if you want to make more than one serving, multiply the portions accordingly. You can fit about 3 ramekins comfortably in the Instant Pot.
- Dairy-Free No-Bake Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Green Tea Ice Cream
- Zucchini Muffins With Banana and Flaxseed
⭐️ Have you tried this recipe? If you love this recipe, give it "5 star" ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on the recipe card! We appreciate your feedback!
Lavender Crème Brûlée in Instant Pot
- 1 Egg Yolk from a free-range pastured chicken egg.
- ⅓ C Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Raw Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla scraped from real vanilla beans
- A Pinch of food-grade organic lavender buds to top before baking and after when sugar has browned.
- 1 teaspoon of raw sugar for topping
- Warm heavy cream and dissolve sugar and then cool to room temp
- Whisk egg yolk into the cream mixture.
- Add vanilla extract, vanilla bean and lavender buds.
- Pour into a ramekin.
- Add 1 cup water and place the trivet or a steamer.
- Place the ramekin on top of the trivet.
- Set on HIGH for 9 minutes and NPR
- Take out the ramekin and cool for at least 45 minutes and refrigerate for additional 4- 5 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar and broil until the sugar browns...it took me about 3 minutes in my convection oven. Yours might vary. Be careful NOT to broil it too long as it will make the creme get softer. If it happens, put it back in the fridge until it gets firmer.
💌 I would love to receive more posts like these in my inbox! SIGN ME UP for FREE newsletters!