Jap Chae - Korean Noodles Recipe
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- Korean Cellophane Dang Myun, glass, Sweet Potato Noodles - found in Asian Market or Amazon
- 1 C green cabbage shredded
- 1 bunch pinach
- 1 Med carrot julienned in 2" lengths
- 1 red or yellow peppers sliced in strips (or both, 1/2 each)
- 1 Med onion sliced
- 1/2 C sliced mushrooms I prefer shiitake mushrooms but white mushrooms will be fine too
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 7-8 green onions cut in 3" lengths
- 2 tbsp+as needed olive oil for pan frying
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or Tamari or Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- a pinch of sesame seeds for topping
Soak two large bunches of dried noodles in cold water.
While noodles are soaking, boil a large pot of water. When water boils, cook the noodles for about 3-4 minutes. Cook until the noodles are soft but not mushy.
Take them out of the pot, and rinse under the COLD running water thoroughly. You should have about 2 Cups of cooked noodles.
Drain well and put it in a large bowl. You will add all the ingredients to this bowl so make sure it is large enough to accommodate them.
In a large pan, sauté garlic and vegetables, individually, in olive oil. Add them to the large bowl, one vegetable at a time, as you cook them.
Season to taste with soy sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, and sesame seeds.
Mix well with a serving fork (I use my hands)
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 340mg | Potassium: 818mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 10805IU | Vitamin C: 92.5mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 3.2mg