Cubed Korean Kalbi
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 lb Sirloin or rib roast cut into 1-2 inch cubes.
- 1/2 C. Soy Sauce (Tamari or Coconut Amino for Paleo)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar (Honey for Paleo or Omit if Keto)
- 2 Cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 C Rice Wine or White Wine
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds for garnish
- 1 Scallion chopped for garnish
Mix all the ingredients, except the meat, in a small bowl and set aside.
In a medium size bowl, mix the marinade and meat with your hands. It tastes better when you massage the marinade into the meat. Trust me.
Cover the bowl and set aside.
Turn the heat on HIGH and heat the cast iron pan until it starts to smoke.
Add avocado oil and heat the pan until very hot.
With tongs, place the meat on the pan without crowding them.
Cook for 2 minutes on one side or until brown.
Turn over onto the other sides and cook each side for 1 minute or until all the sides are brown.
Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
Serve immediately with vegetables and hot rice.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 1718mg | Potassium: 450mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2.6mg