Thank you for your interest in contributing your article.
Our site’s mission is to educate, empower, and inspire our audience about health, real food recipes, and natural living in a toxin- free environment.
In an effort to deliver quality content that is accurate and educational, we’ve spelled out a specific set of guidelines below. Please be sure to read through everything before submitting your post.
- The post you are submitting must be your own, 100% original content, exclusive to us. It should not be posted elsewhere (including on your own blog/website) before or after it appears on our site.
- The posts should be between 700-1200 words in length.
- The tone of the posts should be friendly and easy to understand, (think: a 4-9th grade reading level), but supported with data, studies, infographics, and expert sources. Citations and sources from journals and research papers are preferred but reputable online magazines are allowed. We will let you know which ones we prefer.
- Your article should be actionable and insightful and should not be basic or obvious. We strive to encourage readers to re-examine what they know and inform them to consider things from a new perspective.
- Double check it. We only accept guest posts that use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Due to the number of submissions we receive, entries that require excessive editing cannot be accepted.
- As stated above, our site’s mission is to educate, empower, and inspire our audience about health. Our articles are shared via email newsletters, all popular social media channels and by RSS feed readers. It behooves you to promote and share on your social media channels as well to optimize your exposure.
- In general, we do not pay for guest posts. However, if the traffic for your post exceeds 10% of the monthly traffic, there will be a monetary incentive. Details will be provided after you’ve been approved for the article. Also, you can add two links that mention your company, product, or service within your piece. Keep in mind that your article must be presented in a non-advertorial, non-promotional fashion. If we find the post to be advertorial, we will NOT publish it.
*Dr. Karen does not accept sponsored posts or sell links. So if you’re a company or a free lance writer wanting to write for SEO purpose, DO NOT apply.
TOPICS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Alternative Health
- General nutritional info
- Nutrition dense food info
- Recipes: Paleo, GAPS, JERF, Allergy friendly, AIP, No refined sugar, No additives, and other special diet needs.
- Natural Living
- Natural Parenting
- DIY for natural home
- Eye catching title – no click bait or profanity allowed but the title should be concise and informative.
- H2 and H3 Headings – at least one heading and 2 or more sub headings.
- Bullets – posts with bullets do very well.
- Informative intro summary paragraph and a call to action conclusion paragraph at the end.
- Image – at least one image in at least 72 pix resolution in the size of 680×450 pix. The image must be either original, owned by you, OR with proper attribution credit to the original owner.
READ THIS IMPORTANT INFO
Dr. Karen expects high quality writing style that employee factual data with citations. She makes the final decision for approving articles and she reserves the right to edit all articles to keep them within her guidelines, or reject them in total. A final draft will be for your approval prior to publishing. Not sure if your topic idea is a good fit? Feel free to send your ideas to us via email before you fill out the form below or start writing.
Ready to share your knowledge? You can submit your pitch using the form below. A member of our editorial team will get back to you within 2-3 weeks to let you know if your article has been accepted. Our workload is heavy, so we ask that you please refrain from writing to us asking if your post is accepted. We WILL get back to you.
Thanks for your interest. We can’t wait to read your article!